The Medical Scheme is open to all serving and retired police officers and police staff in England and Wales. Cover can also be provided for a member’s husband or wife, partner, children and grandchildren. This additional cover then allows the partners, children, and grandchildren to be members in their own right.
The scheme, provided in partnership with Healthcare providers, offers the benefits of private healthcare, immediate cover, self-referral physiotherapy and easy claim procedures. From as little as £21.20.
The Medical Scheme
The scheme in brief, provides:
- Private healthcare, Swift access to treatment, Self-referral physiotherapy, Generous allowances, Immediate cover and Instant peace of mind.
In addition, unlike other schemes, there is no six-week wait and:
- No upper age limit, easy claim procedures, No waiting for paperwork before treatment.
- No cheap introductory rates and no shareholders, any yearly surplus is retained to keep prices to a minimum.
What is covered?
- Access to fast care in a private hospital -including consultations, tests and treatment
- Psychiatry. Alternative medical treatments including homeopathy, osteopathy and acupuncture.
- NHS cash benefits and direct access to the scheme nurse.
All members are advised to read the full T and Cs please click here
How to make a claim
For Leicestershire members you should,
- Obtain referral from your GP.
- Once your GP has referred you to a specialist and carried out all the preliminary tests, you can contact the scheme directly either by ringing 0116 275 9930 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No GP referral is needed for physiotherapy.
- A claim will then be commenced.
- The staff team will aim to authorise your treatment as quickly as possible and in line with the scheme rules. Once authorisation has been given, you contact the Spire to arrange an appointment. You can call the Spire on 0116 272 9022 and speak to their account manager.
For members outside of Leicestershire you should follow the guidelines above but with regard to booking into a Hospital, members will be given the option to have treatment at a location near to them at any of the partner hospitals – Spire Hospitals, Ramsey Hospitals and Nuffield Hospitals nationally.
Please, when seeking medical treatment outside of Leicestershire, can you advise the care provider you elect of these funding limitations which are BUPA Schedule rates. Copies in the link below. This, in effect, means that all members have parity to costs regardless of where they live, including abroad. Members outside these areas will have to pay for the additional charges, if any, to these rates.
Alternatively you can elect to attend the Spire, Leicester for all your treatment. If you do we will consider reasonable travel costs and overnight expenses if this is your elected route to treatment, terms and conditions apply, copies are available upon request.
It is your responsibility to obtain authorisation for all treatment. Failure to do so may affect any claim.